Being an atheist is the best thing you can be

Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,797
Like?
Re: especially Americas constant in the name of god justifications?!!!
In reply to Henry Schobin, Aug 5, 2012

Henry Schobin wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

I know that you and I dont agree on this topic - and thats cool, I dont expect everyone to think and feel the way that I do. Having said that it is nice to know that even those who think starshit is right also wonder why he feels the need to start post after post after post on the same subject - - thank you

Trouble is that you are part of a system that does expect compliance with your views. I doubt that Starshot was directing the posting squarely at you.

Personally I think that it is high time in history that people started speaking back to organized religion and reminding it that it doesn't speak for all of us. After some of the things that have been done in the name of it, particularly over the past couple of decades,

Yeah, those "religious" guys that hijacked airliners and purposely murdered 3000 civilians.

Exactly, and the war on Iraq that followed.
Remember I said organized religion. I question the validity of all of them.

Or those "religious" folk that strap bombs to themselves and murder as many civilians as possible in public places.

the traditional implied conceptual protections that you lot have enjoyed have become questionable at best (especially Americas constant in the name of god justifications).

What an A-hole you are.

Thanks for proving my point below (and other underlying concepts).

If these religions were things that were practiced in your own homes and not imposed on the rights of others I would have no issue but you actually elect you leaders on religion and on highly questionable moral definitions. As such you don't have the right to close doors to criticism or question or debate. Religion is imposed even it you don't think it is from within and some of us are disgusted by it's social implications but still we attempt to reason rather than abuse.

Brian D. Schneider wrote:

Starshot wrote:

No guesses, no devoting your time for worship, nothing to be wrong about.

I agree with you but don't you think you've done this to death? You won't convince the other side.
--
Brian Schneider

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

-- hide signature --

Rethink your last comment.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow