Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
sigala1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,776
Like?
Re: Comment & Critique
In reply to The Jacal, Aug 5, 2012

The Jacal wrote:

Pathetic reply,

If one considers these photos as random and having poor composition, there's no reason to be unfriendly.
Be critical, of course, but be constructive and friendly.

I posted a pic a few days ago asking for CC and the first response was a hit and run; along the lines of 'there is nothing good about this photo', but didn't go on to say why, unbelievable.

I guess this raises the issue of whether it's ever appropriate to tell someone who posts really god-awful photos that their photos suck.

There are some (many, most?) who believe that no matter how bad the photo, one should give encouraging comments to make the poster fell good about themselves.

On the other hand, maybe the OP is better off taking a blow to his self-esteem, because he will quit photography, a pursuit to which he maybe has no natural aptitude and is inspired by more a love of expensive gadgets than an ability to discern good photos, and devote his time and money to pursuits to which he is better at.

I'm not saying the OP should never take a photo again, but that he should stick to family memories using a cheap camera (like most people who take photos), and not bother with buying expensive cameras and thinking that there's anything artistic about what he's doing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow