Flat view
J4Hug
Senior MemberPosts: 1,073Gear list
Like?
Olympics & OM-D
Aug 5, 2012

With a little help from E620 and ZD7-14
My E-5 shutter died on Monday so I was forced to take the OM-D

+ Pana 12-35 and Oly 75-300 - all processed in Lightroom, my concentration since has been diverted from the PC as the TV (and TV on PC rules while there is so much on in London)

In the stadium we were sitting half way up the upper tier so weren't drenched when it bucketed it down on Saturday morning. (Heptathalon, ssteeplechase 400m womens')

The OM-D is not a sports camera but the fact that it can shoot 9fps makes a difference (shame you can't see through the VF when it is thinking/shooting) it copes very well with the 75-300 that I am really thankful I got it. AF is nearly always spot on (but I wish there was a smaller focus point on the OM-D) the majority were at ISO 1000
Here are some from Saturday morning...
E620 & 7-14

OM-D 75-300

( 70% crop)

then it rained..... (nothing new this summer)

(heptathlon h jump )

400m heats

Something special unfolding..

The advantages of 9fps

& the girl who couldn't stop smiling

Most of the 75-200 images have been cropped severely.

I'm back there tomorrow - I guess I'll take the OM-D again!! (I am now not so worried about the temporary demise of the E-5)
...time to watch some mixed doubles...

Enjoy

-- hide signature --
 J4Hug's gear list:J4Hug's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Olympus Zuiko Digital 300mm 1:2.8 +5 more
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-620
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow