Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stan Powers
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,579Gear list
Like?
Re: Some (minor) RX100 gripes
In reply to Cephalotus, Aug 5, 2012

Good points, Ceph.

Let's hope Sony monitors the forum.

Yes, the lack of IR remote kills me! At this price point, RX100 takes a step backward here - same for OM-D EM-5).

Strong vignetting in wide/macro (firmware fix?) and macro/close up limited to 28mm are biggest downsides for me - borderline dealbreaker.

All of my compact and bridge Olys, Fujis and Panasonics have excelled in macro/closeup since the 1.4MP days - IMO, RX100 takes another big step backward here.

Agree, the inability to program the ? Button is odd. Does the intended audience really use the ? button?! (firmware fix)

Lack of a full searchable (PDF) manual is an odd omission...

I do like the internal/USB charging - simplicity.

All in all an amazing machine.

Cephalotus wrote:

I really, really miss a (wireless) remote shutter control option.

The "?" button is wasted space. You should be able to asign useful functions to that button.

The lens has soft corners (small size means compromises) and I do not like the close up performance / non performance.

There is no full pdf manual

I'm in the minority here, but I really like the USB charging. Travel weight = camera weight + accessories. Have to try out direct solar charging via USB port.

There are some software features missing to me like interval shooting...

-- hide signature --

Too Much Gear - Too Litte Time!
http://picasaweb.google.com/akasrp

Stan Powers's gear list:Stan Powers's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow