Quite happy with my first wedding with EM-5

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
lutherfan
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Re: Quite happy with my first wedding with EM-5
In reply to Dixa, Aug 5, 2012

Wow... I guess I had better check into Capture One. I never have... but this is the second recommendation. THANKS!

For the previous poster: The one "overexposed" pic was perfectly exposed by the camera. It was jacked up for "artistic" reasons. lol. Thanks!

Dixa wrote:

the skin tones are very warm. this may be intended since portra nc and portra vc were wedding photographer standards for a long while.

however skin tones is why i have a copy of capture one pro. absolutely the best raw converter when people are involved

this shot is one example i found with a quick google-fu showing the straight difference between the converters.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53872444@N07/7063931965/

another, again these images are not messed with much in order to give one piece of software a perceived advantage. capture one pro even has a 'skin tones' slider should you want them warmer, and you give up nothing by way of functionality vs. lightroom 4 - even the adjustment brush, non destructive editing and adjustment layers. capture one however is not file management software, but honestly i don't even use that feature of lightroom either i've been manually sorting digital stuff for a long time.

http://onenineimages.com/blog/2012/02/capture-one-vs-lightroom/

Prairie Pal wrote:

They seem over sharpened to me. Some off skin tones. Maybe a bit contrasty. But those aren't necessarily the camera's fault. Not really professional standards, but not bad either. Nice posing for the most part and good exposure.

lutherfan's gear list:lutherfan's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow