Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
dragra
Senior MemberPosts: 1,133Gear list
Like?
Re: K30 First Impressions and some photos
In reply to TJWest, Aug 5, 2012

TJWest wrote:
(...)

Firstly, I love the camera, the feel of it is excellent, great weight, the grip is so well made you can just hold it in your right hand with no fear of dropping it (if you dare!)

(...)

What I like about the camera:

Feels good in the hand, solid and robust, almost like you could just toss in the back of the car on your way to take photos

(...)

The viewfinder is great, I almost use it exclusively

Yep, my impression is the same. K30 is the first dSLR ever that suggests you use it without a strap. The feel in your hand is so rock solid you simply cannot imagine it can fall down.

What I don't like about the camera:

It almost always overexposes by one stop in Auto mode (100% of the time in bright light, regardless of metering choice maybe my camera's metering is off?)

I checked your photos, you have a tendency to include quite a lot of sky in your photos. This may trick the AE system, maybe you should change the metering pattern to center-weighted or even spot.

cheers,
d

-- hide signature --

tell me what your 3 favorite lenses are - and I'll tell you what kind of a photographer you are...

dragra's gear list:dragra's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 Pentax X-5 Pentax K20D Pentax K-r Pentax K-30 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow