Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kitwn
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
A57 continuous shooting speed question
Aug 5, 2012

Can anyone tell me how many frame per second (or minute if you prefer) the A57 can take continuously over several minutes?

I make timelapse videos and this requires taking many hundreds of stills at regular intervals varying from minutes down to several per second.

I have owned an A350 since 2008 and have been very pleased with it. I'm now considering adding an A57 body, not just for the video but also to increas the flexibility of my timelapse speeds. There are plenty of reviews telling me how fast the burst speed is before the buffer fills, but I need to know how fast it can go long term. Obviously the speed of the card is a significant factor. My A350 can manage 40 frames per minute into a 400x CF card but no more. This is with the camera in manual mode with auto focus, all the noise reduction and preview etc turned off to maximise the speed.

If somebody with a reasonably fast card in their A57 could try this out for me I'd very much appreciate it. You need to set the camera to continuous and use a remote to hold down the shutter release. Once the camera settles down, measure how many frames it takes in 1 minute.

Thanks in advance.

Kit

Sony Alpha DSLR-A350 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow