70-300 Tamron sharpness

Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Satik
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
Re: Here's the value of it
In reply to Brev00, Aug 5, 2012

Could you give me some link to test you mentioned? I will probably try to send it to Tamron, unfortunately my international warranty is over and I don't want to send it over the ocean. Thank you.

Best,

Martin

Brev00 wrote:

Thank you for the additional samples. Is it possible you might have some back focus here? In a few of the images, the foliage to the right of the subject (and behind) looks sharper than the subject. Some of the images also have some overexposure which means a loss of detail. I think a more serious and standardized lens test may help you get to the bottom of this. You will need a tripod, some low contrast lighting, and a good chart designed for the purpose. I think that normal shots may indicate a problem but more standardized type shots are better designed to confirm or deny it. If your lens does have a back focus issue, it will have to go back to Tamron. Your D3100 does not have calibration controls. You did use single-point focus for these shots, correct? By the way, the 300mm shots look better to me than the wider ones. The chimp was shot at a relatively low shutter speed so you have to throw that one out.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow