iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
FlightDeck
Regular MemberPosts: 388Gear list
Like?
Re: iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames
In reply to Abrak, Aug 5, 2012

Abrak wrote:

So I bought the App and set it up for a jpeg workflow as per the Op - OMD/photosmith/Eye-fi/PC/Lightroom plug-in.

As FlightDeck points out the set up process is a bit of a bugger even if you do follow all the instructions to the letter. With the App being relatively new and no complete online manual there is relatively little help from our friend 'google'. It probably took me about 3 hours until I had it all properly configured (although if you are lucky you might do it in 30 minutes.)

The result is excellent though and ideally suited to the eye-fi. Jpegs wirelessly sent to your ipad either at home or in the field where they can be sorted and tagged in App and the results synced to the RAW files in LR.

Abrak, good to hear that it worked out! I don't know how long it took for me, I tried not to keep count But I had a bit of help from one of the developers. They acknowledge the docs are lagging, as their focus has been on the bug fixes, but pledge some updates soon.

Are you doing the "proxy JPG method" as well?

-- hide signature --

Regards,
K
Ontario, Canada
http://photos.loneleaf.ca
(See my profile for equipment list.)

FlightDeck's gear list:FlightDeck's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow