Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pdqgp
Forum ProPosts: 10,091Gear list
Like?
Used the SX40HS in Very Low Light this week - 600ft in a Cavern
Aug 5, 2012

So while on a family vacation to the Great Smokey Mountains in TN, I thought I would use my SX40HS as much as I could in place of my DSLR's. During the day when we ventured into the Forbidden Caverns, a trip that takes us down 600ft + below ground, many people had their DSLR's and stabilized lenses, yet I didn't miss leaving mine in the car as I'm more than pleased with the results.

All hand-held shots using the multiple exposure low light shots at full resolution. It does a great job! Check out the shutters speeds. 1/2 second at times. Yeah, I'm pleased.

Reflecting Pool

Looking up

Natural Spring River

Yes, we sampled the water which filters through hundreds of feet of limestone and originates from an underground lake and tests 99% pure. Cold, crisp and refreshing.

-- hide signature --

• tim

--

Note my new Screen Name has changed due to some privacy issues I was having to deal with, but I'm the same old long time member. Email or Message me anytime though.

pdqgp's gear list:pdqgp's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Konica KD-400 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS75 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 +14 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow