Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zoltan Csuka
Contributing MemberPosts: 535Gear list
Like?
Nikon V1 owner bought RX100 as second cam
Aug 5, 2012

I just reviewed my first few images and videos from my brand new RX100....

This little camera is just unreal and looks and feels like the ultimate portable family hybrid camera I have been searching/waiting for the last 10 years. Fully specced flawlessly executed.

Still images are excellent, multishot modes (HDR, low light, panorama) are unbelievable, user interface endlessly customizable, LCD visibility in direct sunlight makes viewfinders a thing of the past (at least for me).

The movie mode? Are you kidding me? F1.8 stabilized lens with 60p! Low light contrast focusing is the best I have ever seen including my camcorders of the past. Smooth, laser sharp videos with full PASM adjustments. Exposure transitions are VERY fast as well. Software zooming expands the range for videos to around 350mm EQ - but I did not have the chance to try it in outdoor lighting. If it works OK then my Nikon V1 will be my second cam (by the way do I need it at all?)

This camera is one of those rare milestones that will force the other big players (panasonic, canon, nikon, fuji, ply) to wipe their sketch board clean and blank and start over many of their current projects.

Did I mention this? - no more messing with the lens cap!

-- hide signature --

Best wishes,
Zoli

Zoltan Csuka's gear list:Zoltan Csuka's gear list
Sony RX100
Nikon 1 V1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow