Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djedi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,761Gear list
Like?
D800 delivered today has AF issue
Aug 5, 2012

New D800- ser# 3031XXX has AF issue on the two lenses I tested- the Nikkor 50mm f1.8 and a super sharp sigma 24mm f2.8. Rudimentary, quick test only at about 5 feet distance. Both do fine in the center and to a large degree on the right, but the lefts needs about a -10 dialed in to match the center.

Both lenses actually need a base -10 dialed in at that distance to focus perfectly in the center.

I am charging the battery, so I will do more extensive testing at some point tomorrow.

So I tried the sigma on my D700. Now the center and left side coincide perfectly. The right on the 24mm however, is WAY out- beyond adjustment!. What do you guys make of it? Never expected that, especially when the 50mm is nearly perfect side to side on the D700 and on the D800 the right side of the 24mm matches the center!

It's giving me a headache. I think I'll go to sleep, let the battery recharge, and attempt it again in the AM. I'll also try different lenses. Nothing is easy, as usual.
Wolfgang
--
Old timer

djedi's gear list:djedi's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Nikon D300 Olympus PEN E-PL3 +12 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Re:New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow