Quite happy with my first wedding with EM-5

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
lutherfan
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Re: strongly agree...
In reply to Dixa, Aug 5, 2012

Yes... this is a problem because I shot the whole wedding and there were almost 800 shots that are keepers... I did the best I could within reason on almost every shot and what my contract says is that if they want 5 shots done "extra" (for the wall canvas, etc.) I will do that for "free"... it was a LOT of work... but I am still getting experience and a portfolio, so I just chalk the extra work up as the grind of what i have to do to be the best I can be. haha...

Dixa wrote:

have to be careful with this

there are two major wedding styles - formal and photojournastic. if you shot formal and did strictly formal all the way through, your shot count may be small enough that retouching a few won't seem suddenly out of place and you won't have as many needing work

if you shot straight pj you prob have 800+ images or more and if you start doing heavy retouching, the bride may now expect it on every shot of her . this is a lot of work and may eat up whatever profits you were hoping to make.

clear up any huge, glaring issues that show up from being that close, otherwise i'd leave well enough alone unless you were hoping to sell a wall print of it.

lutherfan's gear list:lutherfan's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow