Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
lookingforclarity
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
Warning: St. Petersburg
In reply to MARoss1, Aug 5, 2012

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear your news.

I was in St Petersburg last Xmas and feel I came very close to enduring your experience. I had my D700 with 24-70 around my neck while walking from the Metro to The Hermitage. My friend and I were deifinately being followed my two guys the minute we exited the Metro. I made eye contact with the two on a number of occasions (I must admit I was rather nervious at the time). After making eye contact they either walked into the entrances of a shop or did a U-Turn. It was like being in a movie. Fortunately we made the Hermitage before they managed to try something. I was happily in the Hermitage all day and made a point of exiting the hermitage complex a different way to the way I entered.

After this experience I'm now considering a MFT kit to complement my D700 Kit. MFT in my hand and the D700 in the backpack for those special shots. Incidentally the D700 and the 17-35 I also took was a treat to use inside the Hermitage.

Hope you managed to get some shots.

On a positive note. I spent New Years in St Petersburg and it was probably the best New Years I have ever had.

Rgds

LookingForClarity

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow