Infinite White Background Question

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
TotalNeophyte
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
Re: post a shot
In reply to GHwell, Aug 5, 2012

Thanks for the offer!

So, I know how to get pure white in PS - but when I do, there is usually a very slight halo around the entire subject. If I adjust exposure, I lose resolution. I was playing around with the highlights and that seems like a good option.

Let me just say, continuous lights are a real pisser. I have gotten to the point where I really like the exposure of the subject, but I can't get a good exposure on the subject and pure white. You should have seen my f8-1/125th-ISO100, it's a joke. I have to use ISO100, but I'm not a fan of the noise (even when I adjust it in lightroom).

I do video with the subjects, too, so I only went with continuous.

I tried painting the background and then using the history/memory brush (sorry, I forgot the name) around the subject, but it still has that halo - once I do that.

I could get pure white just behind the subject, but I'd have to move the backdrop lights in frame. This would be okay if I were only doing photos, but it's problematic for my videos.

So, what would you do? Haha

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow