Microfour thirds and compact cameras

Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
leno
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075Gear list
Like?
Re: You have a mindset problem
In reply to randomafk, Aug 4, 2012

You don't need an dSLR to learn about phography or cameras, just something with control of all the elements. I too walk a lot and my old knees can't get up the hills with a dSLR . So I use a xz-1 for when the weight is important.

randomafk wrote:

sjgcit wrote:

Use the camera for non-student time, when you don't have the bag full of whatever-students-carry-everywhere-these-days. You're supposed to be studying anyway.

Take the camera out of an evening or weekends for an hour or two. That's plenty of time to practice. You don't have to learn photography in a hurry ( and it usually won't work if you try ). Patience, Grasshopper, patience.

-- hide signature --

StephenG

This is true. I suppose that might be a better way to go about it, thanks for the tip. For the time being though, with trips coming up, I'd prefer to carry something smaller

leno's gear list:leno's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow