Hike up Rotspitz, Rofangiberge (for Texinwein)

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nikko aus London
Senior MemberPosts: 1,131Gear list
Like?
Hike up Rotspitz, Rofangiberge (for Texinwein)
Aug 4, 2012

Hi Tex

I promised to show you some pics from our holiday vacation in the Tirol this summer so will share a bit of a scary hike with my eldest boy (13) up Rotspitz in Karwendel Rofangibirge.

You can see the gipfel (peak) in this photo (the one with a cross on top).....

Oly OM-D | Oly 45mm | f/7.1 | 1/1000 | ISO 200 | 0EV

There's a nice view of the Achensee on the way up......

Oly OM-D | Pany 20mm | f/7.1 | 1/640 | ISO 200 | 0EV

I realised about 3/4 of the way up that it was getting a bit extreme..... we had to get over the first peak to have a crack at the larger one with the cross on top......

Oly OM-D | Rokinon 7.5mm | f/5.6 | 1/800 | ISO 200 | 0EV

Here we are at the top of the first one looking at our target. We had to descend to a saddle and then make the final ascent.....

Oly OM-D | Rokinon 7.5mm | f/7.1 | 1/1000 | ISO 200 | 0EV

View from the saddle looking up the final trail to the top on the right of the photo. I told my son not to screw up as it would most likely have fatal consequences!

Oly OM-D | Rokinon 7.5mm | f/7.1 | 1/640 | ISO 200 | 0EV

Here's a picture taken at the top. There's a book in a metal container attached to the cross and a table to write on. I was a bit stressed by being up there - the square area was 10x10 feet only with vertical drops on two of three sides.... whilst my boy was grinning like a Cheshire Cat. No imagination I guess

Oly OM-D | Rokinon 7.5mm | f/7.1 | 1/800 | ISO 200 | 0EV

Another view from the top back towards the way we came....

Oly OM-D | Rokinon 7.5mm | f/7.1 | 1/640 | ISO 200 | 0EV

Here's a final view of the peak from the Bergalm below, so you can see the vertical drops:

Oly OM-D | Pany 20mm | f/9 | 1/320 | ISO 200 | -1.3EV

The fisheye shots were run through the Fisheye Hemi plug-in for Aperture so remove some of the distortion.

Hope you enjoyed the view!

Nikko

Nikko aus London's gear list:Nikko aus London's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow