Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marco ricci
Regular MemberPosts: 267
Like?
Nez XP1 user, and several question...
Aug 4, 2012

Hi, i am a pro photographer working with canon stuff, mainly in reportage and commercial photography...

i just buy a XP1 + 35 1.4 lens to see if it's possible to use it in my kind of work, and in case buy the more lenses i need (for sure the incoming 14 2.8, 60 macro and use my old olympus OM 100 2.8 and 135 3.5)

i really would like to leave the heavy stuff at home...(normally i work with 2 5D2, 16/35, 24/70, 70/200 2.8)

my initial impression/problems ..

• in Manual mode the LCD/EVF it seem it has an autogain function, and cant simulate the real exposure, this is really annoying.

• the histogram refer to the image on the LCD, so in M mode it's wrong.

• in Program mode to shift the aperture/speed values u need to use the arrow keys, it would be a lot faster to use the rear dial

• in manual focus mode u can't use the arrow keys to move the zoomed part of the images, u have to press the AF key, chose another AF point, and zoom again, that's really slow.

• the OVF has a real short eye point, i have to unmount the screw lens to have a better/full vision of the viewfinder. it's really smoll compared to a leica M6.

• battery can be interted in 2 ways.. dangerous and stupid...

• AF seem faster in manutl focus, using the AF/AE lock but i dont like its position, is it possible to use the shoot button to focus, even in MF?

can u help me to solve (if possible) some of these problems?

thanks..

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow