Recommend legacy lenses for NEX?

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
zink
Contributing MemberPosts: 505Gear list
Like?
Re: Recommend legacy lenses for NEX?
In reply to zwinters, Aug 4, 2012

Old glass is fun! I hate auto focus lenses. Do not ask me why, I do not know. I even do not use the kit zoom anymore for video, although it is a very good lens.

I started with some old Canon FD lenses I already had from my analogue camera. I had the 50/1.8 and 135/2.5. I soon started to test more and more lenses because they can be bought for silly prices.

After a while I wanted more compact lenses. The first real keeper was a Olympus PEN-F 40/1.4. I will never sell it. It is compact, fast and very sharp. Just perfect. Later on, I discovered more Oly glass. Also the OM glass is quite compact compared to Canon FD or M42. The Olympus OM wides are very good (better than Canon). But forget the 35mm Oly's. The Canons are better in that range.

You could start with for example these Olympus OM lenses: 28/3.5 or 2.8, the 50/1.8 and the 135/3.5. The three should not cost you more then around €100 and you will have lots of fun using these. And you have not such big lenses compared to Canon, Minolta, etc. IQ is top!

zink's gear list:zink's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow