Any regrets about ditching your dSLR and going with a bridge cam?

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kitsap2
Contributing MemberPosts: 960Gear list
Like?
Any regrets about ditching your dSLR and going with a bridge cam?
Aug 4, 2012

I would love to hear from those of you who have liberated yourselves from the burden of the dSLR you may have ditched, or just stopped using, in favor of a bridge camera, or other high quality, small sensor zoom camera.

I'm beginning to realize that, though I really like the IQ of a larger sensor, the nuisance of changing lenses, and carrying around the accessories, is a PITA.

The IQ I see in cameras like the FZ100 and 150, are astonishingly superb, in my opinion, of course.

In my, just ended, four month stay in Europe, I had my LX3, and G2. Though I used both about equally the same, there are times, when looking over my collection, that I have to look at the exif data to see which photo was shot by which camera, unless it's quite obvious, like a telephoto zoom, which the LX3 is very limited to.

Hope to hear from those that are satisfied, or not.

-- hide signature --

Tom

kitsap2's gear list:kitsap2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +6 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow