Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rt22306
Senior MemberPosts: 1,802Gear list
Like?
Summer/autumn photo project II
Aug 4, 2012

Two images taken yesterday while visiting Arlington National Cemetery to photo some of the monuments and memorials there that most folks may not know exist. The cemetery has many markers and memorials with trees planted to honor veteran's associations of US and allied troops. Most images where taken with a Contax film camera and b&w film, but I used my VR-320 at times to check exposures and make images as well. The images are from the section going back to the Spanish American War of 1898. The first is of a plot dedicated to the nurses who served during the war, and the second is of the ship's bell from the USS Maine, from its memorial. I included the second one mostly because some young men walking by the memorial proper had no idea of what it was (from their conversation) and walked on by.

Medium sized images on Pbase, autocorrected in MS Office Picture Manager.

-- hide signature --

The Last of the Yashicans.

rt22306's gear list:rt22306's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Kodak EasyShare Z990 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Stylus 1 Pentax K10D +8 more
Olympus VR-320
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow