Now what Grasshopper???

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rod Baakkonen
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
Re: Now what Grasshopper???
In reply to Keith Hatfull, Aug 4, 2012

Keith Hatfull wrote:

Hey Rod, where are you in Minnesota? I'm in Woodbury. If you're close I'd like to chat dragon locations...I have a couple

-- hide signature --

Keith Hatfull - Woodbury, MN
http://keithhatfull.smugmug.com

I live in Corcoran, So I am on the NW side of MPLS and You are on the SE side of St. Paul. So we are about 45 miles away as a quick guess.

The dragonfly/grasshopper was taken from by a lake cabin in Brainerd though.

I work near the Vikings practice facility in Eden Prairie. There is a lake there called Smetana. Nine Mile creek goes in the North End and comes out the East end. Lots of dragonflies there. A paved path goes completely around the lake and there is only 1 house. So it you are right on the water, with some swamp land. Perfect place for dragonflies. Here is a picture of Smetana from the path on the south side with the prim roses in bloom in June:

Something seems to be in bloom all spring/summer there. Great dragonfly place.

We have some this year in Corcoran that we have not had other years. Small ones, about the size of my little finger, with a color of yellow/green. I think they have contributed to NO mosquitos. I'll see if I can get a photo this weekend.
--
Rod

Rod Baakkonen's gear list:Rod Baakkonen's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Camera Raw 7 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow