5D mark III Error 80 problems?

Started Apr 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
StuMatMeyer
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: 5D mark III Error 80 problems?
In reply to ScottAD, Aug 4, 2012

I have a Canon 1DX. It's my second copy and I've shot just over 500 images, mostly with an 85/1.2 lens. I got an error code 80 tonight when I put the lens cap on and mistakenly pressed the shutter button halfway. I took the cap off and fired off a few shots and the error code went away. Here's the rub. It's my second 1DX in a week. The first one got an error code 30 after just over a thousand images. On that one, I shot with several lenses, 70-200/2.8 II, 85/1.2, and 24/1.4. Error code 30 was a locked shutter and it appeared every few images after the first time it showed up. When I called Canon tech support, they were surprised and recommended I get a replacement unit since it was within the 2 week window. Now, this error code 80 doesn't give me a warm feeling about this new camera. I hope it's not to do with the shutter or anything mechanical, but rather some type of software glitch that can be fixed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow