How many X100/Pro1 owners own a D700?

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
57even
Senior MemberPosts: 5,384Gear list
Like?
Yep, have a D700
In reply to Jack Simpson, Aug 4, 2012

And have a lot of deep respect for it. It's a hugely capable camera.

Love though? Not really. The X100 and Xpro1 have just enough quirkiness to force you to decide between love and hate, and if you fall on the love side then there is no going back. It's a more romantic than practical relationship, and I guess if you married someone for their good cooking and practical nature you'd not understand me at all.

But there is something beautiful about the images. If you measure beauty by some facial measurementd of a selection 19 year old model, then again, this is not the kind of beauty I mean. It's the kind of beauty you see in a smile, or a laugh, or a kindness. When you work with the camera it makes you smile. Can't really explain any better than that. It's emotional not rational.

Still have the D700 - does all the "stuff" that the X cameras don't, sports wise, but I am wondering if the X series will ever adopt the promised PDAF-on-sensor and relieve me of the need to carry both. But the Xpro1 is the one I "go out with" the most.

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow