ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dixx
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Considering 60D purchase
Aug 3, 2012

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are looking to purchase a camera and have been considering the 60D and 7D. Leaning toward the 60D because while the 7D looks awesome, its probably more camera than we need. We don't really need the speed and not sure we can justify the cost. I'm thinking it might make more sense to put that money into lenses. I haven't updated cameras since film days when I loved my Elan II and I want something about that level or better. I will shoot protraits, pets and nature likely - maybe the odd bit of action. My husband is a realtor and needs a good wide lens without distortion for indoor shots of homes.

Would love any advice on which way to go camerawise and if I should be considering any other cameras like the 650D? Not sure I'll like the way that feels compared to the 60d. Other? Also, we need a good all purpose lens and a good wide angle as mentioned for real estate. I have an old 28-80 Cannon lens for the film camera, can I use that at all, even on manual focus mode? I realize its not a great lens but would allow us to buy other types of lenses.

Video features are important, and I do like that there is some internal edit capability in the 60. At some point I will likely take on macro photography, but not to start.

Thanks for any advice.
Dixie

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow