Is the LX7 the new XZ-2...?

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cephalotus
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,785Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the LX7 the new XZ-2...?
In reply to Edgar Matias, Aug 3, 2012

Edgar Matias wrote:

Someone commented that the perfect compact would be a cross between the LX7 and the 1" sensor in the RX100. I agree.

I'm in the market for a replacement for my ageing Ricoh GR100 so it happened that I bought both, an Olympus XZ-1 and a Sony RX100, to try them for myself.

Compared to the Olympus the Sony has an excellent sensor (the pixels are just 2,2┬Ám big, that's not so much bigger), but the lens quality is not good.

The lens on my R100 is sharp in the centre, but the corners are very bad and the macro option is a bad joke imho.

I will wait for the XZ-2 and contrary to the popular 1" sensor hype I hope for a new and good 1/1,7" sensor with 12MP (and pixels not much smaller than the Sony RX100 sensor), similar video performance, but a high quality lens.

Matching a small lens to a 1" sensor does seam to involve heavy compromises.

if you do not care much about the image corners the RX-100 is a (very) nice camera, but if you do you have to weight sensor quality vs. lens quality for yourself...

Cephalotus's gear list:Cephalotus's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Sony RX100 Olympus E-1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow