Upgrade path advice :5d3 or 5d2 and 7d

Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
John Vant Land
Contributing MemberPosts: 519Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrade path advice :5d3 or 5d2 and 7d
In reply to Jalmod90, Aug 3, 2012

I'm in a similar position. I've got some EF-S lenses that I'm happy with (10-22, 17-55) but also some EF lenses (24-105, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 & 100-400). For me, I'll keep my existing camera (60D) and get the Canon 5D Mk III and then, especially if the 7D gets updated, get a 7D and sell my existing 60D.

The problem with buying the 7D and 5D Mk II is although both are good, the technology of both is a little long in the tooth (I know, the firmware update will give the 7D new life). I try to buy the latest and keep it longer.

So, without knowing what you're going to upgrade from, keeping what you have as a backup camera and perhaps having the 1.6X crop sensor on it, allows you to stay in the general class of the 7D until you can afford one after getting the 5D Mark III.

I planned on waiting for the 7D Mk. II whenever it comes out. But I've been waiting for so long I have enough saved for the 5D Mk. III. If I wait for the 7D Mk II, at the rate it's going, I'll have enough saved for when it comes out, too.
--
Enjoying God and His Creation.

John Vant Land's gear list:John Vant Land's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow