Is The IRS Going After Romney For Crimes & Not Paying USA Federal Taxes??

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 30,235Gear list
Like?
Re: Is The IRS Going After Romney ...
In reply to Bill Randall, Aug 3, 2012

Bill Randall wrote:

mamallama wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

mamallama wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

If Romney did something illegal in regards to his taxes then this should be investigated and exposed.

If the tax system is so corrupt that it allowed Romney to pay less than his "fair share" then this is the fault of Congress and the Senate. Congress and the Senate should be investigated.

He's like the Chinese Badminton players. Romney just took advantage of the loopholes in the law. Legal, but a bit embarrassing for someone running to be President of the United States. So he won't release his tax returns.

Why would it be embarrassing to Romney if he took advantage of these tax loopholes?

It's the same type embarrassment as when Romney had to get rid of his gardening service who had employees who were illegal immigrants and he told the service, "I can't have illegals working on my property, I'm running for President, for heavens sake". Certain things are just not fitting for someone running for President and Romney knows it. That's why he's not releasing those embarrassing tax returns.

Perhaps Harry Reid and other senators and congressmen should be embarrassed - they are responsible for writing the tax codes. Romney is merely following the code, I hope.

Yes, the congress members responsible for the loopholes should be ashamed, whoever they are. I'm not sure of what Harry Reid's role was in any of the loopholes.

As head of the Senate he could have tried to change the laws and eliminate loopholes. The idiots that write bad laws are not the only people to be held responsible. The people that could change them and don't are just as responsible for our current day laws.

Now, now. You know it's not that easy with such a polarized environment. It's just as much the fault of Mitch McConnell but he's excused by you because he's your man.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow