RAW software for 5n

Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
wepwawet
Contributing MemberPosts: 867
Like?
Re: RAW software for 5n
In reply to vajrasattva, Aug 3, 2012

I've been looking into this as well, trying to find a RAW converter that would give results as good as out-of-camera JPGs (!).

The best I've found so far is ACR. Good detail, lens correction (though the in-camera lens correction seems even better, too bad it doesn't act on RAWs). Only downside, the colors look muted compared to the OOC JPGs or to RAWs developed with the Sony tool. Using profiles from http://www.piraccini.net/2011/02/profili-colore-sony-a900-per-adobe-lr.html makes things much better; now I can almost say my processed RAWs look as good as OOC JPGs!

The NEX-5N is the first camera I own where it is more difficult to work with RAWs than with JPGs...

vajrasattva wrote:

I usually shot jpeg format but am thinking about using RAW and jpeg for my upcoming shutter therapy trip to Cambodia. I am in no way a master in PP and can use PS5.5 with basic competency. It seems to me that there are a considerable number of RAW processing programmes out there. I am interested to hear what other 5n junkies are suing and why you like it.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow