Why Would People Spend $250+ More to Buy LX7 over LX5?

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cmpman1974
Contributing MemberPosts: 686
Like?
Why Would People Spend $250+ More to Buy LX7 over LX5?
Aug 3, 2012

I'm confused as to why someone would shell out $500 for a LX7 when the LX5 is available for $250 at places online used. Is one F stop with $250? It seems like there is a true craze to always have the newest gear. I am pretty new to photography, but that is the one thing I have observed in my short time.

I have never seen a hobby where income was so expendable. New toys are fun, but....

Maybe I'm missing something huge. For one F stop, can't you just buy a small monopod and get that extra stabilization to get a good picture? I understand you can't replicate a DSLR sensor size so spending money may be justified if you need that.

Does more money / newest equipment always make one better photos? It seems like more of the posts on any camera forum have to do with analysis of camera specifications/pixel peeping than photos being taken.

I hope I don't offend anyone. These camera manufacturers have to love it though!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow