X10 | Photos from the Garden | Goodbye Fuji!

Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
nicoboston
Regular MemberPosts: 192
Like?
Re: X10 | Photos from the Garden | Goodbye Fuji!
In reply to Billx08, Aug 3, 2012

Billx08 wrote:

nicoboston wrote:

. . .
I'm not sure I understand your point...

Yes you do. You just don't want to acknowledge it.

No I don't. He shows magnificent images and says that he wants to get rid of the camera, and it does not make sense to me. Obviously he had issues with Fujifilm Canada and he's mad at them. As far as I'm concerned, the replacement (new sensor camera) took less than one week. Fuji made mistakes, their communication is sickening, but they sent me a brand new camera and I like it, believe it or not! I have returned several cameras before but I kept that one.

Billx08 wrote:

Then you should also be praising ratty and PAUL, not scorning them, because they've also helped you to capture unique memories. I've only had three problems with the X10 so far. Too many orbs (I returned that camera), an intermittent lens on/off switch, and a firmware upgrade problem. The X10 didn't reject the firmware immediately. It seemed to be taking its time installing the new version, but it turned out that the firmware data file was corrupt and the camera simply rejected it, retaining the old firmware version and didn't destroy itself in the process. There was no way I could have known that the file was corrupt because Fuji only stated the size in megabytes, and I got the same size after dividing the filesize by (1024*1024). Had Fuji shown the size in bytes, I would have seen that there was a problem since the file size was a few bytes too large, which I saw after redownloading the firmware file. Bad Fuji. Bad, bad, careless, sloppy Fuji.

Yes you are absolutely right. But I don't care about Fuji ! Fuji is the last of my concerns ! I also have or had cameras from Canon, Panasonic, Nikon and I don't care ! None of them was perfect. My favorite compact camera was the Canon G10 (still amazing at ISO 80), now it's the Fuji X10, may be next time it will be a Nikon XYZ. I had serious issues with a Canon lens before, and I was mad at Canon. The X10 is not Fujifilm, and Fujifilm is not the X10. In 20 years from now I will not remember anything about this camera. Maybe Fujifilm will not exist anymore. But the pictures will stay, and I like them. Believe it or not, that's all what matters to me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow