Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,899Gear list
Like?
Pentax (Official?) Trivia Notes - Cropped FL 1.53x
Aug 3, 2012

Of course, most of us know this if exposed to enough years of reading Pentax related forums. I've seen over the years slightly different cropped FL numbers bandied about with Pentax DSLR's, I'm pleased that here it seems more or less official:

"When mounted on a PENTAX K-mount ILC camera body, the PENTAX-DA 50mm f/F1.8 lens delivers a focal length of 50mm or 76.5mm in the 35mm format." That works out to 1.53x. http://pentaximaging.com/about/press/278/PENTAX_Introduces_smc_DA_50mm_f/1.8_Medium-Telephoto_Lens

Well, nothing earth shattering but now I know for sure what the exact FL's are of my lenses on a Pentax DSLR. So, no Virginia, it's not 1.5x, It's 1.53x... to be exact!

So now you know.

-- hide signature --

At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell

“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984

Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow