Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fotoloco
Regular MemberPosts: 453
Like?
Retina display a gimic?
Aug 3, 2012

I have a 7yr old 15 inch Macbook pro. Going to clean it up a bit then give it to my son. I need to buy a new computer for myself. Trying to decide what to get. I would love to have an 11inch Macbook Air AND a 27inch loaded up iMac, but can not afford that for now. So...

The air with processer/memory upgrade plus a 27inch monitor.

Another 15inch MB Pro with retina display.

A 27inch loaded up iMac.

I will have to make that decision for myself.

What I am interested in is the retina dislplay. Is it really worth it? If I was going to display photos on it then sure, but I am only doing processing. As long as I get the print I am after, I am good. Will the retina make it more easy or faster to get good prints? Not sure how. If so, and if the iMac is the way I want to go, I should probably wait to see if the next gen iMac comes with a retina.

Also, if the retina is the way to go, I may want to hook up a notebook to a 27inch when they become available. I am guessing a loaded up 15inch MB Pro will have the horsepower/graphics card to run one, but the air will not (at least effectively).

So - Retina worth it...or not?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow