D800 - high values of AF fine-tune...

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jarekn
Regular MemberPosts: 468
Like?
Re: Discovery re: Fine-tune range
In reply to Kelvin L, Aug 3, 2012

Not a d800 issue, but i just wonder how many of you have tested the accuracy at various distance from the subject?

I am having an issue with my d3s and what looks like most of my lenses, I ended up spending some time with the technician and looking at focus on my 85 1.4... At 2 M there was a bit of front focus, at 4.7 meters the front focus was so bad that it was off the testing chart... The camera was indoor on tripod but we did kind of rush through the test. His comments were that this is normal and will happen on all lenses, he also said that another factor is the f-stop which we too have been able to confirm - as you change the f-stop the focus tends to shift... The fact that there is no fine tuning available that would allow you to compensate for distance to subject and f-stop is ridiculous given the cost of the equipment...

So how many people have tested for focus accuracy on same f-stop at various distance to the subject and have the same issue?

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow