Moto Foto X 7 - some shots from Laguna Seca

Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Davethepom
Regular MemberPosts: 308
Like?
Re: Stoner's last Stand!
In reply to Chuck Lantz, Aug 3, 2012

Thankx Chuck...!

Yeh, the Bigma's my fav' sports lens too! I so wish the SD1 was full frame, 'coz the 50mm end of the Bigma would be far more useful. I often wonder how good/bad it is at 50mm (on a FF camera).

Do you have general admittance at Laguna? The main thing I noticed when emigrating to Aus 20 years ago was that the cost of general admittance at sporting events in Australia was SO much cheaper than in the UK. Not just motor sports, but horse racing, arena events etc... My first Superbike race at Philip Island was $12 Aus (1992), where as the last superbikes I visited at Oulton Pk in the UK (1991) was 40 Quid!!! I wonder what the difference is now?

My dad (who's a punter) said the same when he came out to Oz. He said that "GA" at the horses (Flemmington Park, where the Melbourne Cup is run) was a third of the price of the big UK Tracks, and that 'GA' covered "most" of the track rather than the tiny percentage that you get access to in the UK.

Oops, I've digressed a bit haven't I? Anyway, Can't wait to get some bike shots with the SD1. You've inspired me
Ta...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow