matt_nnn
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
Re: Need for a DX 2,8 / 50 - 200 VR/OS?
In reply to joejack951, Aug 3, 2012

joejack951 wrote:

matt_nnn wrote:

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anybody else would like to have a DX 2,8 / 50 - 200 VR/OS lens?

You could be waiting a while, or forever, for this lens. The current zoom ratio leader for a constant f/2.8 zoom is the Nikon 17-55/2.8 DX at 3.23X. You are asking for a 4X zoom whilch would either be a lens full of compromises or something huge and expensive. Nikon doesn't appear to want to get into this market (high end DX lenses) so I'd suggest buying something that's available now and making do with the compromises rather than ignoring that focal length range for want of a "perfect" lens.

You are right. That is what I am afraid of.

As I definitely want OS/VR I would have to choose between too long wide end with 70 mm or too short long end with 150 mm.

I guess the majority of DX users lives with the 70-200. How do you handle shooting events? Mainly with a 17-55 or two bodies without the need to change lenses?

Best regards,
Matt

matt_nnn's gear list:matt_nnn's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow