With all the issues, it's interesting that the D800

Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Douglas Boyd
Regular MemberPosts: 443Gear list
Like?
Re: With all the issues, it's interesting that the D800
In reply to rhlpetrus, Aug 3, 2012

D800/D800E is a disruptive technology both by price and performance and therefore threatened a lot of competing camera companies. Therefore you see the internet based attacks that are exactly what we saw when the iPhone came out and wiped out Blackberry, Nokia and others. The difference is that Apple is US based and took this stuff seriously and nipped it in the bud. Remember when Jobs came on TV and demonstrated that the phoney "antenna" problem was the same on competing phones. However, Nikon, based in Japan largely ignores the US internet hysteria, they have more important markets to service. One curious aspect is that Bythom is caught up in this leaving KR looking good.

In my case I traded my H3DII-39 MF kit for a D800E and couldn't be happier. I sold my D800 interim body at a profit largely because I advertised it as free of focus problems, which internet-influenced buyers consider a big deal.
--
==Doug

Douglas Boyd's gear list:Douglas Boyd's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Ricoh RDC-7 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D70s Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +40 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow