Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JBrooks
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Question about camera types
Aug 2, 2012

I must preface this question with the admission that I am a total newbie to photography. Now that that's out of the way, a little back story. i own a small sony fixed lens camera, and I play around with it. I am planning on taking a class at my college in Photojournalism, which requires a "35mm film camera or digital camera with manual exposure capabilities". This will require me to purchase a camera. I have already decided on digital, based on the advice of a professor, among others, who assures me that digital is far more practical. Aside from that, I have no idea what to even begin looking at. What is meant by manual exposure capabilities? On the buying guide on this website, 9 types of camera are listed, from compact fixed lens to large slr. What are the applicable differences between these categories? Where should I start looking? What should I look for? Suggestions of brand and model are appreciated as well. Thank you.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow