1st Leica Purchase!

Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rob13
Senior MemberPosts: 1,116Gear list
Like?
Re: 1st Leica Purchase!
In reply to DiditDreaming, Aug 2, 2012

First, Congrats in ur new Leica, ur really going to enjoy the experience assuming u can come to enjoy it for the type of photography it excels in..

For the new 35 Lux, its a great lens at a great price. But if that's not a major issue do buy it. It'll hold its value quite well. The Cron is a very nice lens, so its a matter of whether u need the extra stop and/or the softer bokeh coming from the Lux.

I've managed to collect a number of 35s over the years, so here are my comments based on my subjective experience. FWIW:

35 Lux (replaced by the FLE)

Focus shift (except at f2 and apertures > 5.6), does make me take a few extra shots to bracket my focusing. At f2 on my copy, everything is good. Great looking bokeh at f1.4

35 Zeiss Biogon

No focus shift, more contrast than the Lux, sharp corners, somewhat softer in the center

35 f1.2 Nokton
N

o f

ocus shift, just as good as the Lux (don't shout at me over my opinion please), but big & heavy as M lenses go. Due to its size, it frequently stays at home.

35 f2.5 Skoplar bayonette mount
No ficus shift, excellent sharpness, but it us a 2.5 aperture lens

Which lens do I prefer to use the most?
Lux and Skoplar in that order.
--
Best,
Rob
------------------------------------
R3A M7 M9 X-Pro1 E-M5 X100 DP2

Rob13's gear list:Rob13's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Samsung Galaxy S4 Sony Xperia ZR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow