Any good sports cameras soon?

Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,593Gear list
Like?
Re: Any good sports cameras soon?
In reply to iAnoop, Aug 2, 2012

I happen to have the Canon SX40, and really like this camera. Really, the only serious shortcoming would be the inability to take sports action shots. And honestly, out doors and in good light, it can handle those situations (sports) pretty well. But I have grandkids in hockey. Youth hockey arenas are nortorious for having only average to below average lighting. So, until now, that's been a job for the DSLR and appropriately fast lens.

Now, you folks have mentioned the newer Panny and Sony as having the shortest shutter lag times on the market right now. But will they be handle the hockey situation requiring also reliable higher ISO settings? I will look into these.

Regarding the Nikon mirrorless........unfortunately I am unfamiliar with these cameras after hearing that they fell short in a lot of users eyes. It's common to have the first productions of newer systems fall short. And it's not until a few later generations, do the manufactures actually "get it right". At least that's the drift I'm getting about the new Nikons. Am I misinformed?

Finally, I went out for several hours today, shooting with only my Canon SX40. I'm an old guy, and found that with this lighter "load" (lighter than carrying the DSLR gear), I hardly felt any affects of "gear strain" at all. That was a nice feeling, too.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow