Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cruzcat01
Regular MemberPosts: 191Gear list
Like?
My good deed for the day
Aug 2, 2012

I am not sure if this post is relevant to Sony SLR talk directly so mods can lock this thread if they deem otherwise.

I was perusing Ebay for some used lenses and came across an interesting listing for an A350 body with kit lens for $475. I had recently sold my A350 kit in mint condition for $375 and had received some ridiculously low offers during the process. So I clicked on the listing thinking that WOW this guy must be a little delusional considering the price.

On looking through the listing my eyes popped since the guy had listed the A350 body with the Zeiss 16-80mm lens as the kit lens and all the images he had in the listing were of the 16-80mm Zeiss in good condition. Clearly the poster was not a Sony Shooter. So I sent him a message asking for confirmation that the lens was not the 17-70mm but was the 16-80mm. I immediately received confirmation that it was indeed the 16-80mm Zeiss Lens.

At this point my instinct was to click the buy it now option right away :-). Then I kinda figured that I already have the Sony 16-50mm lens and it would be nice to make sure the seller was aware of the value of his lens. So I emailed him explaining that the lens was a $800 lens by itself.

The poor guy was clueless and he messaged me asking if $600 for kit was a fair price. As of now the seller has re-listed the kit for $605. If anyone is looking to get a Zeiss 16-80mm with a A350 body on the cheap head on to ebay.

cruzcat01's gear list:cruzcat01's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM +3 more
Sony Alpha DSLR-A350
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow