X-10 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 ?

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Barry Fitzgerald
Forum ProPosts: 29,888
Like?
Tricky but the VF aspect is a big deal
In reply to Dominick Scotto, Aug 2, 2012

I don't fancy the Panasonic much I've felt with the Pannies I've owned or used over the years they have a rather anaemic and unappealing tonality. Appreciated that is down to taste, but Fuji wipe the floor with them in tones and esp skin tones.

Faster lens or not I think it is a mistake for Panasonic to down size the sensor it's also £100 more expensive than the Fuji right now, and has no viewfinder either.

I would pass on it, sure it's likely to be decent but hey..it's overpriced for what you get

The Fuji I have to say I think the next update of this will nail down the quirks and some of the issues. It's a shame they spoilt the release with the infamous orb issue, I'd also like to see parallax correction in the OVF. They are almost there..hats off for at least getting close to the premium compact mantra than other makers such as Canon and Pannie or the overated Olympus one.

Up to the OP on this I suppose if you buy one from a major seller you can always sent it back if you don't like it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow