X-10 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 ?

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
dkojevnikov
Regular MemberPosts: 221
Like?
Re: X-10 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 ?
In reply to Andrei Nicoara, Aug 2, 2012

I had LX5 and tried X10 when it was released. Nice camera but I feel that it lacks amount of details. The picture looks more like upsized 6Mp rather than pure 12Mp.

I also thought that mechanical zoom is better but when on vacation I could hold LX5 in one hand and could still zoom in and out. With X10 you need two hands. It is faster to zoom with mechanical ring but you lose the one-hand operation possibility.

I tried several different cameras as LX5 replacement: Fuji X10 (liked the camera itself very much but did not like amount of details it renders), Nikon J1 (feels crippled in functionality and it really feels like Nikon is not enthusiastic about this system itself), Sony RX100 (better overall picture quality than Nikon J1 but poor lens behavior at telephoto does not work for me) and somehow I am currently back to Panasonic by ordering a LX7. Picture quality seems on par with LX5 but it has many additional useful features and its lens is 2 times brighter.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow