Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doublehelix
Contributing MemberPosts: 741Gear list
Like?
New D800 - Help with settings
Aug 2, 2012

Sooooo... I picked up my D800 yesterday afternoon, charged the battery and spent some time reading the manual. I did snap a couple of quick shots of my fiancee, but for the most part, I was a bit overwhelmed with all of the new settings. I am moving up from a D90, and there are a lot more things to deal with on the D800.

Can anyone comment on a few things that they have found to be good default settings for this guy?

For example:

-How does the Auto ISO function work? Are folks liking that feature? Sounds sort of like the "green mode" of my D90.

-I am used the the Auto-Review function (the image appears on the LCD for a few second after taking a shot), so I have that set to "YES".

Any other hints on setup or configuration? As I went through the menu structure, there is sure a lot of things I am not familiar with, and some of them forced me back into the manual to figure out exactly what they were.

Thanks for any assistance... I have a long learning curve ahead!

-- hide signature --

James

Doublehelix's gear list:Doublehelix's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Nikon D800 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow