Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,937
Like?
2nd Panasonic 12-35 going back...But?
Aug 2, 2012

Ok firstly thanks to everyone who gave me advise on this on my first thread.

I sent the first one back and ordered another copy hoping that the CA would be a little better, but sadly that is not the case.

I have tried to correct the CA in both Lightroom and CS5, in both LR4 and CS5 the "one click solution" does not remove both purple and green. However it does if you take the image in RAW. For me I don't want to take all my images in RAW and correct them after, this is just too laborious for me personally, particuarly given the price of the lens

The lens performs very well on a Panasonic body which has built in CA correction. So I have no complaints about the lens itself its just not fully compatiable with the OMD.

Here are the final shots that illustrate the problem with the CA, on the first image you may not see it easily but once you start to see it I tend to recognise it easily! For example green tint on inside wall of entrance on the right and also on drain pipe. The main issue is when you are cropping!

For anyone else buying this lens, its pretty sharp with little distortion, but maybe a little short in reach for some. But CA could be an issue on an oly body.

100% crop

100% crop

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow