What part of 'NO RELIGIOUS' threads does everyone not get?

Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Collett
Senior MemberPosts: 4,891
Like?
Re: Hearsay......
In reply to itchhh, Aug 1, 2012

itchhh wrote:

Collett wrote:
Hearsay...... there is a reason it is not admissible in court.

itchhh wrote:

Question what is truth in your opinion? Do you subscribe to Aleister Crowley and his famous quote "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"?

...choose this day whom you'll serve." It really is just that simple.

Not for everyone

Jhn 10:10 NKJV - "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have [it] more abundantly.

Jhn 10:11 NKJV - "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

You either believe the claims of Jesus Christ or you don't.

How do we know what he actually said, as opposed to what others claim he said when the information is not first hand, and often not even second or third hand?

In addition to multiple levels of hearsay over extended periods of time, add to that the fact the Jesus was not the editor & chief of the Bible, entire portions of the Bible were screened or edited, numerous contradictions in the gospels, the fact that communication back then was often in the form of allegories, outlandish claims of extraordinary feats that have no proof, etc., etc..

For me personally, believing such claims seems to be a futile exercise in separating the wheat from the chaff without knowing which is which.

Thats fine Jim... I'm not going to try and convice you otherwise. We each get to look at the same "evidence" and come to our own conclusions. I share with you what I believe and why but at the end of the day, you have to make up your own mind. These decisions are really the only things we really own.

I think of the Raiders of the Lost Ark movie when they are standing before all of those cups and the knight said: "Choose wisely" There are a lot of cups of "truth" in this world but there is really only one that gives life and more abundantly.

Fair enough. I will refrain from trying to convert you ...... as long as you do the same
--
Jim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow