Ansel Adams Challenge

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Martin Ocando
Senior MemberPosts: 2,550Gear list
Like?
Tested
In reply to mschf, Aug 1, 2012

I can't change anything. And I don't have root access to DPreview servers to query the database and modify something that is locked for editing.

mschf wrote:

Martin Ocando wrote:

God, Martin, forgive me. I was so sure it was you. It was inframan: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1044&message=42027308

I forgive you, unfortunately I'm not sure if God will

I had a pretty good feeling about where you might have read the suggestion (by the way, inframan wasn't actually requesting that you change anything, that was just a little in-joking going on ;))

And I did a slight change in the description. But I believe it was before it was open for submission. Now I not sure about the change, or maybe i just decided to add the full name for the new challenges. I don't know. What I'm sure is that it was just cosmetic, nothing relevant, or I would recall it.

I agree if the change was just "Bresson" to "Henri Cartier-Bresson", it would be completely trivial, but still the bitter "Moura vs. mschf" battle over "was changed/was not/was so/nope, wasn't" would become total chaos with higher than anticipated casualties ;).

You can verify the question though, one way or another, just by going to one of your currently active challenges and testing to see what you can edit. If you can't change the title/description/rules/sample images, then it would be doubtlessly clear that no changes can be made once a challenge is in progress. Or doubtlessly clear vice-versa.

-- hide signature --

~ Martin

-- hide signature --

Martin Ocando
-------------------------

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow