ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Turbo Hampster
Contributing MemberPosts: 530Gear list
Like?
1DX First Impressions
Aug 1, 2012

So I finally got my 1DX last week

SO far I am extremely impressed with what I am seeing!

A bit of background I have been using 2 7D's for the last 2 and a bit years and was very happy with them and got some amazing pictures. But I have been wanting better high iso performance, so when the 1DX was announced I thought it would be the perfect upgrade for me

So from my first few days of playing around with it here's what I like:

1.AMAZING high ISO performance, it is so much better than my remaining 7D it is hard to believe
2.Build quality

3. Burst rate (come on admit it first thing you did after putting in the battery was fire off a high speed burst! :0)

4. AF - The AF on the 7D is great but in my short time testing the 1DX it is definitely faster and seems much better at tracking high speed objects while firing off a high speed burst..

5. Also on the autofocus I have tried the autofocus @ F8 with a taped teleconvertor and it works fine in the daytime, but is unsurpringly a bit slower..

I haven't tried it on difficult moving targets yet but it was able to track a car fine..
6. Twin Joysticks!

7. Sticky Custom modes - Unlike on the 7D you can make the custom modes remember any changes you have made automatically, so it doesn't revert back if the camera goes to sleep!

So far the only negatives I have

1. The new Zoom button on the image review, I hope they add the option to switch back to the old system in a firmware update! Although I am slowly getting used to this new way..

2. I wish the live view button was the same as on the 7D, ie had a rotary switch to select video or stills! rather than having to go into the menu's

Turbo Hampster's gear list:Turbo Hampster's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +5 more
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow