Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
birdpix
Senior MemberPosts: 1,394
Like?
Wedding photog Mike Colon fights pirates w/$1.00 downloads
Aug 1, 2012

High-end wedding photog Mike Colon got fed up with websites/torrents ripping him off by pirating his wedding photo dvd downloads yesterday and put all his dvd titles on his site for just $1.00 each by download!

His twitter showed how it went viral yesterday and is still going today. I bought a couple and downloaded them this morning - can't argue with 2-buck educational materials. Don't know how long he'll keep it up, but it's at: http://www.mikecolon.com/workshops/dvd

-- hide signature --

Eric in Florida

PS - I had to register on his site first, then sign in and go to the detailed info page for each title I wanted to buy, and click the little button next to "Download-$1.00" and then "Add To Cart". Did the same for the other titles I wanted and then went to cart to checkout with no problem. Until I did it that way, I was just getting an empty shopping cart. May have to do with the traffic on his site - Can't imagine the amount of data that is being transferred from his order download servers!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow