Any experience with 42nd Street Photo? Locked

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
John Vant Land
Contributing MemberPosts: 519Gear list
Re: Any experience with 42nd Street Photo?
In reply to John Vant Land, Aug 1, 2012

I received this e-mail this morning:

"Thank you for placing your order with 42Photo.com, order 155279.We are sorry to inform you that the item you have ordered has been oversold. We are in the process of purchasing more of this item from our vendor and this may take up to 4-6 weeks to be fulfilled.

At this time we can offer you the following: - Hold the order with us and wait for it to be fulfilled - or you may have the order cancelled. If you decide to wait for it to be fulfilled we will contact you before it ships and give you the current price. Please reply to this email within the next 24-48 hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. It's a pleasure to serve you and hope you visit us again soon."

I was happy to cancel my order. However, when I check their website they still say they have some "In Stock Ships within 1-2 Business Days" and this is 4 hours after I got their e-mail.

I don't know if they really ran out (don't they keep track while you're ordering) or if they just didn't want to see to me after my posting here.

But their posting on this thread, that they always sell new equipment with Manufacture's USA Warranties, I've got to question that in the same manner in which they e-mail me that they're out of stock but then at the same time on the website say it is in stock.

I'll never return.
--
Enjoying God and His Creation.

John Vant Land's gear list:John Vant Land's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow